Mold Identification, Consultation, Assessment and Remediation Protocols
The presence of mold in a commercial building can cause a variety of health issues as well as a drop in property values. And because newer buildings are more susceptible to mold, there’s been a recent surge in demand for mold testing services. Fortunately, issues stemming from a mold invasion are highly fixable. And Summit Laboratory can get you started.
How do I Know if I Need a Mold Assessment?
- You or someone in your building has chronic allergy symptoms or respiratory problems
- You’ve experienced water intrusion, flood damage or periods of high humidity
- You’ve already verified the presence of mold and require a remediation company to restore the environment
The Scientific and Practical Approach to Mold Investigation and Consulting at Summit Includes:
- A full visual assessment of the premises by certified mold inspectors
- Development of a sampling plan that represents the environment
- Sample collection (bulk surface and dust)
- Collection of air quality samples to determine the impact of mold, or to use as part of the post-remediation validation criteria
- A full mold inspection report including: Interpretation, Conclusions, Recommendations
Summit Laboratory is fully insured for mold assessments and is recognized as an expert witness in mold-related litigation.
The Summit Advantage
We offer a unique perspective in this young and rapidly changing science. In the most simplistic terms, when a sample collector verifies the presence of mold, the information trail stops there. When a qualified mold testing lab like Summit verifies the presence of mold, your samples go under the microscope, and we conduct a full analysis based on the most current science. Then, armed with knowledge, we’ll provide the data and consulting services you need for remediation; so you can get back to normal.
We can identify mold to the genus, and provide information on all the mold types present in a sample. Our certified microbial investigators are trained specifically for mold identification.
The laboratory holds mold testing certifications and memberships as well as liability insurance:
- ACAC certified microbial investigators / ACAC certified microbial consultants
- NAMP certified mold inspectors and mold remediators
- All samples are analyzed by the same mold inspectors, so your results and advice are consistent
- We stay current in the industry and have completed mold identification and forensic dust analysis courses at McCrone Research Institute in Chicago.
Suspect mold in your building? Contact Summit Laboratory to see how we can help.