Regular food and product facility monitoring protects your product and keeps you in compliance
One of the most effective ways to meet Global Food Safety Initiative requirements is to perform regular facility monitoring through an independent third party such as Summit Laboratory. Environmental and equipment monitoring, which involves the use of sterile sponge swabs to swab equipment and other areas of a facility such as floors and drains, can identify the presence and location of pathogenic and a spoilage bacteria before they have the opportunity to contaminate your product. Summit is the food laboratory to help you do it.
An effective monitoring program does not need to be complicated, time consuming or overly expensive. Plus, if you need to verify the effectiveness of your HACCP plan, personnel practices program, or cleaning and sanitation GMP, an environmental and equipment monitoring program from an independent environmental test laboratory can help.
The Summit Advantage
Our food safety laboratory will design a facility monitoring program tailored to your specific needs.
Regular monitoring will help:
- Find sources of contamination
- Identify the extent of the contamination
- Determine areas that have special maintenance requirements
- Assess overall plant sanitation and hygiene
- Evaluate hygienic design of your facility and equipment
- Comply with government/customer requirements
Our microbiologists have experience helping food manufacturers, food packaging facilities, distributors, retail stores, and restaurants with:
- Facility sponge swabs for Salmonella spp., Listeria spp., E. coli, Total coliform, aerobic plate count, Staphylococcus aureus, yeast & mold and/or Enterobacteriacea.
- Facility air testing for yeast & mold, aerobic plate count, Staphylococcus aureus and coliform bacteria.